Continued growth as a result of mutual success
2015 brought record growth to Charter Capital Partners, a direct result of the success we’ve helped our clients achieve, with the support of their professional advisors. As we continue to grow, we hope to help you do the same.
Looking back on 2015, our team delivered a full spectrum of investment banking advisory, business valuation, and capital management services, while working together with our professional colleagues to support mutual clients:
- We opened a new office in Detroit to better service and support our client base on the east side of Michigan.
- We expanded our business valuation practice and grew our team, with the addition of Christine Baker, Managing Director, Business Valuation Services, and Jared Lehman, Analyst. Among other advisory services, our valuation team assisted in settling disputes between shareholders and spouses, and transferring minority shares to employees and family members.
- Charter principals served as investment banking advisors for engagements throughout the Midwest and East Coast. A few highlights include the sale of Interphase Interiors to a strategic investor; the sale of Harbor Industries to a strategic acquirer; the sale of Hoosier Tank to Modineer Company; the sale of Speedgrip Chuck to an affiliate of Stratford-Cambridge Group; and the acquisition by Fleet Engineers of Save-A-Load.
- Sharing our expertise on investment banking topics, Charter contributed to multiple editorial articles including the MiBiz Crystal Ball edition, VC Funding Gap in Michigan, Banking M&A Outlook, West Michigan M&A Activity, Chinese Manufacturers Entering North American Market, and Contract Furniture M&A. We also hosted regional M&A market updates for business owners in partnership with professionals from the legal, finance and accounting professions.
- We were recognized for the third year in a row as a recipient of the Economic Bright Spots award by Corp! magazine. The annual award honors companies that have grown significantly over the past year, and are a driving force in Michigan's economy and innovation.
- We completed our fifth year of capital management work for Michigan Accelerator Fund I (MAF-1), a $15 million venture capital fund with eight active portfolio companies, and began work on the MAF Opportunity Fund. This anticipated $5 million fund will provide investors with the opportunity to optimize their return by re-investing into MAF-1 portfolio companies that we have identified as well positioned for success.
We’d like to express our appreciation to our clients and the professional advisors who worked with us this past year. It is our privilege to fulfill your investment banking needs, and we look forward to continuing our relationship in the coming years. After a record year for our clients, our colleagues and our company, we are striving to continue the trend in 2016.
To learn more about how we support the investment banking needs of our clients and their professional advisors, please contact any member of our Charter Team or contact us at the Charter office closest to you.